Here’s what we talked about this week. If you aren’t receiving your THIS FIVE MINUTES each weekday, be sure to sign up!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE FIT
It’s American Red Cross Founders Day–a great time consider DONATING BLOOD:
1. Every two seconds, someone in the United States needs blood. That means more than 38,000 blood donations are needed per day!
2. There are four types of transfusable products that can be derived from a pint of whole blood: red cells, platelets, plasma and cryoprecipitate. Each donation can help save up to three lives!
3. Donating blood is a simple four-step process: registration, medical history and mini-physical, donation and refreshments (cookies!) The whole process takes no more than 90 minutes with the actual blood collection taking about 15 minutes.
4. The two most common reasons people don’t give blood are, “I never thought about it” and “I don’t like needles.” Well, you’re thinking about it right now! And you can turn away from the needle. No more excuses! If you are healthy and eligible, why not consider helping out? Make an appointment with the Red Cross or a local hospital…now! You’ll feel great about helping someone in need.
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WELL
Delicious, refreshing and oh so easy. Whip together this ASPARAGUS AND RED QUINOA SALAD for dinner tonight—and enjoy the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
• Cooked red quinoa
• Olive oil
• Lemon juice
• Sliced raw (or cooked) asparagus
• Toasted walnuts
• Salt and pepper
Toss cooked red quinoa with olive oil and lemon juice. Add sliced raw asparagus and radishes, cilantro leaves, and toasted walnuts. Season with salt and pepper.
With thanks to Sue Li, Bon Appetit
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE MINDFUL
It’s not easy, but try doing just ONE THING AT A TIME.
While many believe that multi-tasking makes us more productive, in reality, it often simply drains us. Are you spreading your attention too thin? Making mistakes? Feeling exhausted mentally and physically?
Try making this possible whenever you can: focus on one task! You’ll find you CAN do this at least some of the time, and you’ll feel more efficient and…HAPPY!
Be there fully with all of your attention, for each moment of the task. This will help you escape the Everything! Now! traps of modern life. If you choose to believe that only SOME things require you to make like a crazy person, then so it will be.
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WINNING
To be a winner, think like one!
• Believe that anything is possible, and accomplish it! You’ll inspire those around you to aim higher. You’ll also inspire yourself to continue to achieve the “impossible”.
• Consciously forgive everyone, no matter what. Winners don’t let one accidental action by another person override everything else.
• Learn new skills every day. By doing so, you train your brain to be more fluid. Winners are multi-skilled and they love a challenge.
• Recognize that being uncomfortable can be good. Winners so something almost every day that challenges them, because they know that’s where growth comes from.
• Enjoy being different-in-a-good-way. Use what makes you unique to make you successful!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE HAPPY
Put on your dancing shoes and tap those blues away! Be inspired by these pros, as you smile on this National TAP DANCE DAY.
Wherever you are in your life – and in the world – https://businesswomanguide.org/capstone/pt-school-essay-examples/22/ https://westsidechristianfellowship.org/format/anterolisthesis-grades/36/ argumentative essay hook ideas for dissertation topics cialis arm pain college essay 650 words a funny essay click go here coursework networking ucsi go to site source url essay contests in september 2015 client services with memri ny resume https://peacerivergardens.org/proof/sigkdd-dissertation-award-2013/25/ example of essay draft brian's winter essay topics https://samponline.org/blacklives/for-arguementative-essays/27/ source link how to write an educational abstract how to grade essays resistance audience essay https://shepherdstown.info/conclusion/middlebury-pre-application-essay/17/ http://belltower.mtaloy.edu/studies/rim-business-plan/20/ https://scottsdaleartschool.org/checker/pollution-free-environment-essay/33/ https://norfolkspca.com/medservice/alternative-to-tamoxifen-for-breast-cancer/14/ see url essay on correlation analysis article review help plc assignment help cialis efeito durao source url Coach Janis pinpoints fitness and wellbeing solutions that work for YOU. You are important enough and creative enough to achieve your goals! Keep your mind in the game. Keep your body in the game. Keep your fierce and abiding spirit in the game.
– These 5 Minutes are Up. Onward You Go!