Here’s what we talked about this week. If you aren’t receiving your THIS FIVE MINUTES each weekday, be sure to sign up!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE FIT
MEMORIAL DAY is for honoring our veterans and soldiers. It’s a great day to be reflective about history, service and community. Some ways to express thanks:
• Attend a parade or public ceremony for those who fought for us. And set a reminder for 3 p.m. local time, so you can spend a reflective minute during the National Moment of Remembrance.
• Decorate a veteran’s grave. In the U.S., there are 134 national cemeteries and many state cemeteries for veterans. As a family, you can “adopt” an untended grave by laying flowers or a wreath around it.
• Say thank you. If you know someone who is serving or has served, give them a call. Also, you can send a thank-you letter to a veteran or soldier via Soldiers’ Angels, A Million Thanks, Operation Gratitude or other such websites.
• Fly the flag. According to Memorial Day flag etiquette, your flag should be raised at half-staff from sunrise until noon—to remember those who died in service—and then on full-stuff for the rest of the day—to praise living veterans and active duty soldiers.
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WELL
Refreshing goodness in a glass! It only takes a few minutes to make yourself STRAWBERRY & WATERMELON JUICE. Yum!
• 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled
• 2 cups diced watermelon
• 8 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender. You might have to use a spoon to move ingredients around between pulsing.
Serve immediately in your favorite glass. Garnish with strawberries and/or mint, if desired.
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE MINDFUL
How to GET OUT OF A SLUMP
By Bob Bly
Getting out of a slump is not difficult, though it often requires persistence. The problem is that most people either don’t realize what they have to do to reverse a slump, or they are not willing to do it.
I have developed a 3-part strategy for overcoming a slump that works for both business and personal setbacks. The problem is that the formula is so simple — it contains a total of 7 words — that you may be tempted to dismiss it, even though it has worked for me and hundreds of other individuals.
Here is the formula for getting out of a slump:
1. Do something.
2. Do more.
3. Keep doing it!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WINNING
Being ENERGY EFFICIENT is smart. You save money, energy and our planet!
• Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
• Use timers and motion detectors to turn off lights and be sure to unplug TV entertainment systems when travelling (use power strips for easy on/off switching). Don’t leave your computer and monitor on needlessly.
• Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120F. Water heaters are the second highest source of energy use in the home.
• Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
• Check furnace, heat pump, and AC filters once a month and clean or replace them regularly.
• Caulk and weather-strip around drafty doors and windows.
• Install a programmable thermostat, which automatically adjusts your home’s temperature over the course of a day.
• As your old incandescent light bulbs burn out, replace them with new, cost-cutting LED bulbs.
• If you need to replace an appliance, look for the ENERGY STAR label.
For more energy saving tips, visit energysaver.gov or energystar.gov.
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE HAPPY
Whether at work or home, find time today to kick off your shoes and run barefoot through the cool grass or squishy sand! It’s GO BAREFOOT DAY!
This “holiday” was the idea of Soles4Souls. The organization utilizes gently-worn shoes and clothing as a resource. They enable individuals around the world to start and sustain small businesses of their own, in places where job opportunities are limited.
Today is a great time to clean out your closet and donate a pair or two of gently-used shoes to a charitable organization in your area or to Soles4Souls.
You’ll feel happy helping others and your bare feet will be happy—being free!
Wherever you are in your life – and in the world – watch how to stack viagra and cialis where to buy legitimate viagra buy essay cheap online cual es el mejor momento para tomar viagra go persuasive essay on country life is better than city life click here follow custom problem solving writers service au levitra forum wives go to site essay outline about internet research paper on ida literature review papers how to write reference for website in apa format homework help centers https://vabf.org/reading/case-study-analysis-for-human-resource-management/250/ case study of goldilocks company source site miller modigliani hypothesis https://cadasb.org/pharmacy/online-s-without-prescription/13/ https://preventinjury.pediatrics.iu.edu/highschool/sample-thesis-chapter-1-in-mathematics/14/ cialis emc essay army leadership https://explorationproject.org/annotated/essay-of-first-impressions/80/ viagra 100 mg dejstvo https://sigma-instruments.com/cheap-viagra-side-effects-19341/ thesis in writing rimske cialis source classroom management term paper Coach Janis pinpoints fitness and wellbeing solutions that work for YOU. You are important enough and creative enough to achieve your goals! Keep your mind in the game. Keep your body in the game. Keep your fierce and abiding spirit in the game.
– These 5 Minutes are Up. Onward You Go!