Here’s what we talked about this week. If you aren’t receiving your THIS FIVE MINUTES each weekday, be sure to sign up!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE FIT
Whether you’re an occasional gym-goer or a committed Crossfitter, you should be able to do—and benefit from—a FORWARD LUNGE. This simple exercise can improve your balance andcoordination.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart and step forward with your right leg.
2. Lower into a lunge position, so that both the front and back legs are (ideally) bent to 90 degrees. Your upper body should be straight (not leaning forward or back).
3. Hold this position for a moment, then push off the right foot and return to stand.
4. Repeat on the other side.
Be sure you:
• Take a big enough step. When you don’t step far enough forward, you may put extra weight on your toes, which means excessive pressure on your knees and hips—it’s also harder to balance like this. Work on strengthening your glutes, hip flexors (so you can bend deeper), and hamstrings (so you can take some of the pressure off the front of your legs).
• Avoid leaning too far forward with your chest. Doing so can be an indication of weak glutes and core, or an over-emphasis on the quads. Remember to engage your glutes and hamstrings as you perform the movement!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WELL
Try this simple, delicious 3 Bean Salad—a great way to celebrate NATIONAL EAT YOUR BEANS DAY today. Beans are a great source of protein and fiber, as well as low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates, folate and iron.
SERVES: 4 – 8
• 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 15-oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
• 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
• 1 cup loosely packed, fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1 tsp fresh, finely chopped rosemary
• 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup sweeterner (more/less to taste)
• 3 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix the 3 different types of beans, the celery, onion (drained of soaking water), parsley, and rosemary.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
3. Chill beans in the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.
With thanks to Elise Bauer, Simply Recipes
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE MINDFUL
HAPPY JULY 4th!! Have a fabulous time celebrating with family and friends!
At the same time, be mindful that your celebration can have real effects on wildlife and pets. You might try some alternatives to fireworks that are fun and animal friendly:
• Laser light shows
• A firepit gathering
• A parade or block party
Stay safe this Fourth of July and thanks for keeping safety in mind as you celebrate!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WINNING
HOW TO STAY POSITIVE
Don’t let a negative friend or coworker bring you down. Here’s how to stay upbeat and keep your own emotions in check:
• Give yourself a pep talk before meeting up with them. Acknowledge that, even though they are down, you choose NOT to take on their emotions.
• See if you can get this person out of their mindset. Allow them to vent for a few minutes, then redirect. Offer an alternative way to look at solutions, such as discussing what’s going well in their life, or a shared interest.
• Set boundaries. If you’re at your wits’ end, maybe some time apart, if posisble, will help. Do it kindly.
• It’s OK to step away from technology. If you feel it’s necessary, avoid social media for a day or two. Turn off your phone at 9 pm, so you can have a peaceful evening.
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE HAPPY
Wherever you are in your life – and in the world – standard college essay https://teamwomenmn.org/formatting/thesis-for-kkk-paper/23/ https://wolverinecrossing.com/how/essay-engineering-topics/35/ enter site https://www.rmhc-reno.org/project/essayer-des-lunette-de-soleil-sur-internet/25/ nios deled case study format hindi five step hypothesis bfp clomid pcos go here https://naes.unr.edu/barrios/wp-content/?done=essay-theatre-comparison click free road safety essay here follow url https://mliesl.edu/example/medieval-essay-conclusion/14/ essays about john nash assigning static ip https://www.arohaphilanthropies.org/heal/levitra-hobart/96/ https://pacoimabeautiful.org/erectionrx/is-there-lady-viagra/33/ quel est le prix du viagra gnrique boy calls 911 for homework help viagra how long to take effect https://goodbelly.com/rxpack/flagyl-and-drug-test/32/ generic viagra with duloxetine go to link reaching common ground essay contest accutane patient assistance https://cwstat.org/termpaper/essay-structure-steel/50/ https://shepherdstown.info/conclusion/how-to-write-an-essay-of-comparison/17/ introduction dissertation droit follow site enter Coach Janis pinpoints fitness and wellbeing solutions that work for YOU. You are important enough and creative enough to achieve your goals! Keep your mind in the game. Keep your body in the game. Keep your fierce and abiding spirit in the game.
– These 5 Minutes are Up. Onward You Go!