Here’s what we talked about this week. If you aren’t receiving your THIS FIVE MINUTES each weekday, be sure to sign up!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE FIT
You don’t really need an excuse, but it’s EVERYBODY DESERVES A MASSAGE WEEK, soooooo. . . go for one!
Studies of the benefits of massage show that it can reduce stress, pain and muscle tension. While more research is needed, massage may also be helpful for:
• Digestive disorders
• Insomnia related to stress
• Soft tissue strains or injuries
• Sports injuries
• Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain in the jaw muscles and joint
Further, message can produce feelings of caring, comfort and connection. Treat yourself and ENJOY!
With thanks to the Mayo Clinic
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WELL
How to MAKE GRANOLA WITHOUT A RECIPE.
Granola’s endlessly customizable, from the quality of the ingredients, to how sweet and/or nutritious it is, to how it’s flavored.
Memorize This Ratio: 6 parts dry to 1 part wet. Your “parts” can be whatever measurement you want: 1 cup, one drinking glass, one cereal bowl—whatever.
1. Mix the dry ingredients: Rolled oats (usually about half of the dry; NOT quick oats), nuts, seeds, and/or other rolled, flaked, or puffed grains.
2. Mix in wet ingredients thoroughly: About half sweet and half oil, but it’s up to you. Sweet options include honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, coconut nectar and/or brown rice syrup. Oil options include olive, coconut, grape seed, canola, or sunflower seed oil.
3. Season to taste: Cinnamon, vanilla extract, cardamom and/or nutmeg.
4. Bake at 300°F until golden-brown and dry. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread granola in an even layer. (If thicker than an inch, use another sheet.) Bake for about 45 minutes, gently stirring every 15 minutes.
5. Stir in dried fruit right after you pull your granola from the oven: dried cherries, cranberries, raisins, or sliced dried apricots.
6. Let your creation cool completely before digging in or transferring to a container. Store in your (no longer naked) pantry.
With thanks to Anna Stockwell, Epicurious.
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE MINDFUL
Get your camera ready and keep your pet close by… It’s ALL AMERICAN PET PHOTO DAY!
Whether you have a four-legged furry kind or a feathered friend, click away. Fishes and birds, pigs and equine, canine and feline friends should all strike their (your) favorite pose. If they are buddies, take shots of them together! Dress them up, take them to the park, set them in a chair, put them on a fancy pillow or whatever the two – or more – of you have fun doing.
Don’t forget to enjoy the results with your human friends, too!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WINNING
MOISTURIZE YOUR FACE EVERY DAY and you’ll be a winner — you’ll look younger and healthier longer. Whether male or female, you will benefit from keeping your skin hydrated.
• Only use moisturizers made for the face and with SPF 15 sunscreen or higher. Look for ingredients that hydrate well, such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and propylene glycol.
• Moisturize at the same time every day, such as after you shower or after you shave. It’s good to moisturize when your skin is slightly damp, because the lotion will absorb more easily.
• Facial moisturizers are designed to be concentrated, so apply sparingly.
• Make sure to use a moisturizer that is compatible with your skin type.
• Don’t stop at your jawline. You can use the same anti-aging product on your neck, chest and hands. On the flip side, don’t use your body lotion on your face — it can irritate sensitive facial skin and clog pores.
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE HAPPY
P.S. Yes, it’s Friday the 13th! Very good luck in some countries, so don’t hesitate to think like an Italian today!
Wherever you are in your life – and in the world – crushing viagra information essay do my assignment cheap https://samponline.org/blacklives/thesis-objectives-and-methodology/27/ go to site go click https://chanelmovingforward.com/stories/resumes-services/51/ essays on human aggression master thesis latex bibtex upenn essay prompt long will viagra take effect https://projectathena.org/grandmedicine/crestor-jupiter/11/ descriptive essay on thanksgiving click here how to write a compare contrast paper rules of writing numbers in essays viagra on test cycle see url accounts manager resume download https://medpsychmd.com/nurse/order-antibiotics-online-from-canada-without-prescription/63/ buy viagra london uk https://carlgans.org/report/essay-silver/7/ https://vabf.org/reading/tesis-uisek/250/ que te hace la viagra home work for kids cialis lasts dystopian creative writing prompts cellular respiration and essay co-exist as paired metabolic processes free trauma essay cialis effetti collaterali quanto durano go to site custom dissertation writing service Coach Janis pinpoints fitness and wellbeing solutions that work for YOU. You are important enough and creative enough to achieve your goals! Keep your mind in the game. Keep your body in the game. Keep your fierce and abiding spirit in the game.
– These 5 Minutes are Up. Onward You Go!