Here’s what we talked about this week. If you aren’t receiving your THIS FIVE MINUTES each Friday, be sure to sign up!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WELL
Try making these soft, sweet GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN MUFFINS to celebrate Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month.
Servings: 9 – 12
• 1 1/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup light brown sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder double acting
• 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup butter softened at room temperature (1/2 a stick)
• 1/4 cup light cream
• Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
• Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
• In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add to dry ingredients.
• Add cream, butter, and pumpkin puree to dry ingredients. Stir all ingredients together (or use an electric beater or stand mixer) until well combined.
• Add muffin batter to greased muffin tin evenly among 9 to 12 of the cups.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and slightly firm to the touch.
• Top with cream cheese, butter, or even a drizzle of maple syrup! Try adding 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or raisins.
With thanks to Jacqui @ DishingDelish.com
Wherever you are in your life – and in the world – Coach Janis pinpoints fitness and wellbeing solutions that work for YOU. You are important enough and creative enough to achieve your goals! Keep your mind in the game. Keep your body in the game. Keep your fierce and abiding spirit in the game.
– These 5 Minutes are Up. Onward You Go!