Here’s what we talked about this week. If you aren’t receiving your THIS FIVE MINUTES each Friday, be sure to sign up!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WELL
5 TIPS TO STAY ON TRACK
Have you set your wellness goals for 2019? Are you planning to? Here are some tips for staying on track with your goals!
- Track your results: Writing down your goals helps you see your progress and identify patterns. Try the MyFitnessPal app to keep track of your meals and workouts.
- Build a buddy system: Having a supportive friend, family member or partner on the journey will you help you stay motivated. Go ahead and send your accountability buddy a “You got this!” text now.
- No one is perfect: Stay positive and focused even when you don’t yet see the results you desire (or hit a hurdle). Change takes time and persistence.
- Mix it up: Trying new activities and foods can be a great way to mix up your routine and avoid hitting a plateau on your healthy lifestyle journey. For example, consider adding a new marathon to your running list, or learn to like peas :)
- Have fun! You are more likely to stick with it if you are having fun. Find creative ways to be active or try new recipes during home dinners. …with thanks to Dr. Chantis Mantilla, Manager of Community Health at Baptist Health South Florida.
Wherever you are in your life – and in the world – Coach Janis pinpoints fitness and wellbeing solutions that work for YOU. You are important enough and creative enough to achieve your goals! Keep your mind in the game. Keep your body in the game. Keep your fierce and abiding spirit in the game.
– These 5 Minutes are Up. Onward You Go!