Here’s what we talked about this week. If you aren’t receiving your THIS FIVE MINUTES each Friday, be sure to sign up!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE FIT
Fight the cold with a hot, healthy lunch! Try making HONEY SESAME CHICKEN LUNCH BOWLS.
Honey Sesame Sauce:
• 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
• 1/4 cup soy sauce I use reduced sodium
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Chicken Lunch Bowls:
• 3/4 cup uncooked rice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 cups broccoli chopped into small pieces
• 3 cups snap peas cut into small pieces
• 2 large chicken breasts cut into small pieces
• salt & pepper
• red pepper flakes optional
• sesame seeds garnish
- Shake together all honey sesame sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Divide between 4 storage containers.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add broccoli and snap peas. Cook for 5 or so minutes, until bright green and tender. Add to the rice in the storage containers.
- Add additional olive oil if necessary. Add the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Cook for 7 or so minutes, until cooked through.
- Add the sauce to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the chicken to the lunch containers and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat to serve.
Wherever you are in your life – and in the world – Coach Janis pinpoints fitness and wellbeing solutions that work for YOU. You are important enough and creative enough to achieve your goals! Keep your mind in the game. Keep your body in the game. Keep your fierce and abiding spirit in the game.
– These 5 Minutes are Up. Onward You Go!