Here’s what we talked about this week. If you aren’t receiving your THIS FIVE MINUTES each Friday, be sure to sign up!
THIS FIVE MINUTES | BE WELL
How to create a realistic SELF-CARE CHECKLIST you’ll actually stick to!
First things first: There is no “right” way to practice self-care. Always remember, it’s highly personal!
1) Consider Your Time – Every week has 168 hours in it. Figuring out an ideal and realistic allocation and breakdown of your time is a great place to start. This allows you to be in control of your time versus it controlling you.
2) Be Realistic with Your Routine – Setting unrealistic goals is a recipe for self-sabotage. Instead of going from no hours of meditating a week to five, set smaller goals and tasks at first and reassess them regularly as your practice deepens. While coming up with your checklist, don’t just think about the action or goal itself but how you’ll accomplish or implement the necessary changes.
3) Start with the Basics – One of the best things you can do is to ask yourself the simple question: “Am I getting enough WINNINGrest and nourishment?” From there, look at other areas of your life that might need more attention—relationships, creativity, fun, etc. Once you identify what areas need more self-care, make a simple list focusing on ways to nourish yourself in each area.
4) Check in with yourself – Check in with yourself once a week. Get comfortable with the idea that although you might not tick every box on your self-care checklist, writing them down will, at the very least, psychologically help you make progress.
Thanks to Well And Good for the inspiration!
Wherever you are in your life – and in the world – Coach Janis pinpoints fitness and wellbeing solutions that work for YOU. You are important enough and creative enough to achieve your goals! Keep your mind in the game. Keep your body in the game. Keep your fierce and abiding spirit in the game.
– These 5 Minutes are Up. Onward You Go!