Running is perhaps the best and most effective way to remain fit and healthy. Besides improving your health, running prevents diseases, relieves stress and is one of the best ways to eliminate depression. However, if not done the right way, running can adversely affect your joints and muscles and can cause severe injuries.
Here, are the top five tips that can help in preventing running injuries.
online pharmacy pill viagra zoloft source site paying someone to write a college essay http://www.danhostel.org/papers/english-writing-research-papers/11/ https://ncappa.org/term/essay-everyday-use-by-alice-walker/4/ imperial college thesis repository master thesis template tex misery resume https://211ventura.org/choice/write-5000-word-essay/40/ source url problem solving essay structure cheap dissertation methodology ghostwriting website uk viagra sweetwater critical define viagra gout side effects short essay on hiv aids follow site how to write a doctoral thesis viagra patent finland here how to write compare and contrast essay examples see url thesis in business intelligence https://elkhartcivictheatre.org/proposal/essay-on-being-late-to-class/3/ write my essay 4 me viagra pricelist taking 100mg of viagra follow follow url sample essay on diversity thesis submission king's college london click Improve Your Flexibility
- Stretch daily for few minutes. This will improve your performance and help in preventing running injuries.
- Stretching should only be done after warming up for around 10 minutes.
- Make sure to include all extremities and joints while stretching.
- Stretching should not be performed in a hurry.
- Hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds.
[/list]The best way to enhance your flexibility is through exercises such as skipping, arm circles, bounding and high knee drills.
Include Strength Training Exercises
- Strength training helps in keeping your body aligned and improves your overall athleticism. This helps in reducing muscular fatigue.
- All the muscle groups should be focused on during strength training.
[/list]Hill running, weight lifting and plyometrics are some of the effective methods of enhancing strength and endurance.
Stay Hydrated and Have a Balanced Diet
- Avoid dehydration and heat exhaustion. Liquid intake two hours before practice or competition is always advisable.
- Take at least 6-8 ounces of liquid after you have exercised for around 15-20 minutes.
- Make sure you consume a good amount of fluids after two hours of exercising.
[/list]It is advisable to consume 4%-8% carbohydrate solution before, during and post exercise.
Build Mileage Gradually
- Good aerobic activity forms the basis of running performance. The principle of periodization and progression means that you progressively prepare your body to handle the stress caused by the workout.
- Ensure you increase your speed gradually in order to avoid muscle injuries.
- Increase the training duration, intensity and volume progressively by about 5%-10% per week.
Wear the Right Running Shoes
- Not all shoes can be used for running. The type of shoes you will require depends upon your running style and foot type.
- Always buy shoes from an authorized sports store.
- Ensure that you replace your shoes after running for 300-500 miles.
If you are looking for some fun outdoor workouts and would want to reap maximum benefits from this form of exercise, contact Precision Fitness and Wellbeing. Contact them today at 561-370-8198 or by filling in a simple form HERE to learn more.